Updated: Mar 13, 2019
Expression of Interest (EOI)
The Suva Grammar School Ex-Students Association is seeking Expressions of Interest from experienced and established individuals to manage the Association’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations and Reunion that will be held from the 18-25th July 2020.
Interested persons can access the Terms of Reference and Job Description from the association website www.grammarianpride.com
Deadline for proposals is Thursday, 21st March 2019 and addressed to the Suva Grammar School Ex-Students Association Secretary Mrs Serukalou; email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 7359025 for further inquiries.
Suva Grammar School Diamond Jubilee Celebration 2020
1. Plan the SGS Diamond Jubilee Celebration from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
2. Come up with suggestions to enhance the SGS Diamond Jubilee Celebration’s success
3. Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
4. Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
5. Be in charge of hiring personnel for catering, band, lighting and sound
6. Coordinate all operations
7. Lead promotional activities for the event
8. Managing sub-contractors and suppliers of food and beverage, security, band, lighting and sound equipment.
9. Approve all aspects before the day of the event
10.Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems
that might occur
11. Coordinating with the Sub Committee and MC on the programme and ensuring timing is followed and all parties: bar, food, band etc. are informed.
12. Overseeing and coordinating of the set-up of venue, tables, chairs, coverings, centre pieces in line with the floor plan.
13. Managing the set down of venue after the event.
14. Food: themed stations. Ensuring caterers arrive on time; adequate serving staff crockery and cutlery are provided. Food is of a high standard of quality – with Fijian freshness being the key factor.
15. Floor Plan: coordinate the floor plan with the Committee to ensure an effective setup allowing movement for service staff, stage and dance area, photo booth.
16. Staffing: hiring adequate service staff for both food and beverage service in line with the final numbers of guests and washroom attendants.
17. Ensuring staff dress appropriately, briefing staff and ensuring security is in place for bars, entrance booth, stock etc.
18. Analyze the event’s success and prepare a report
I. Proven experience as event manager
II. Skilled in project management
III. Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
IV. Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
V. Excellent organizational skills
VI. A knack for problem-solving
VII. Customer-service orientation
VIII. A team player with leadership skills